Live Ad Tips
- Use Attention-Getting Ad Titles, Subtitles & Opening Sentences. This is what people see while browsing the Ad shortlists. If your words have impact they'll attract more attention to your Ad and that means more inquiries and more business.
- Make sure your Ad Title and Subtitle includes your 'business name' and the 'services' you provide. This helps to increase the display ranking of your Ad when people are 'Google searching' for your business and/or service type. ...for example, with the Title: 'October Protection - Security Services', and the Subtitle: 'Security Services, Protection & Security Personnel' - it's clear that October Protection is all about security, protection and providing security people, and that's exactly what Google will pick up on. Try it - you'll be amazed at how effective this is.
- If you plan on taking hours to write the body of your Ad, write and format your Ad in WordPad, then copy and paste it into the Ad Body box (Start Menu>All Programs>Accessories>WordPad) . Rest assured if you are typing the body of your Ad straight into the ad creation template and you end up spending longer than you anticipated, there's no risk of the page timing out or of you losing your data. We've built in an 'auto-save' feature which saves your text every ten minutes.
- Use the Font Enhancement Toolbar to Make Your Ad Body Attractive. Type in your Ad then space-out your sentences using the BOLD, ITALIC, BULLET POINT & NUMBERING font options to add interest to your ad and its layout.
- Attach Good Clear Bright & Colourful Photo's. Promote confidence and increase customer security by placing a real photo of yourself and your work on Trade Find. People making contact will feel like they already know you when you knock on their door. Make sure your photos are light and bright because dark photos don't look very appealing in the browse ads shortlist displays. Brightly coloured photos will always attract more attention to you and your Ad.
- Be Clear in the Description of Your Service. The more information you provide about the service you're offering, the faster you'll secure jobs, and the clearer you are about what you're looking for in a Job Ad, the faster you'll attract the person you need. Knowledge upfront of your experience, qualifications, guarantees and passion will help site visitors make decisions quickly.
- Keep track on how much interest is being placed on your Service Ads by comparing the number of inquiries you're getting to the number of page views showing on your Ads. Make changes to your Ads to increase the number of inquiries you are receiving.
- Be Creative - Be Proud! We want you to have lots of fun with your Ads. If you can dream it, you can do it! ...Remember 'no one else can make your life great but you'. If you're waiting on someone else to blow your trumpet, you might just be waiting a long time.
- Keep Your Ads Fresh and Up-to-Date. Use the easy edit and update features to keep your Ads current and interesting.
- Deactive Your Service Ads When You Get Busy or Need A Break. If you're too busy to respond to inquiries in a timely manner, use the Ad Deactivation feature to temporarily place all inquiries on hold. Site visitors will be able to see that you're temporarily unavailable and will have an option to queue to be notified automticaly the second you activate your Ad.
* Notes on Using Images from the Web
Trade Find requires that all Ad owners and advertisers obtain permission from image owners if you intend to download any logo's or photo's from the internet to use on your Trade Find Ads. Always remember: What you download may be legally protected and you may be fined by the image owner for not obtaining their permission and/or for stealing their internet bandwidth.